You can have Thai chicken using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai chicken
- It’s 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- You need 1 of onion large diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ginger minced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon grass minced*.
- Prepare 1 cup of red bell pepper julienned.
- You need 2 cups of carrot.
- It’s 2 cups of BC squash, peeled & diced into 3/4 inch (2 cm) pieces.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of red Thai curry paste.
- You need 1 of coconut milk can (400 ml).
- You need 1 of coconut cream can (400 ml).
- You need 1 of kafir lime leaves (optional).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lime juice, fresh.
- Prepare 1-1/2 of kale, julienned.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cilantro, fresh.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Thai basil (normal basil can be substituted) julienned.
- It’s of Salt (as needed).
- You need of Garnish.
- You need of Lime wedges.
- It’s of Serve with jasmine rice.
- You need of Chicken.
- Prepare 2 lbs of chicken thigh boneless skinless diced into 1 inch or 3 cm pieces (1 kg).
Thai chicken instructions
- First I prep a pot of jasmine rice in my instant pot and have it prepped and ready to go, pressing the cook start as I prepare this meal..
- In a 7 L Dutch oven or large pot, heat canola and sauté onion till soft. (About 4 minutes).
- Place in chicken and continue to sauté until seared on all sides..
- Add your garlic, ginger, and lemon grass and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add red pepper, carrot, BC squash, and continue to cook for 2 minutes..
- Stir in your curry paste and continue stirring for 1 minute..
- Pour in the cans of coconut milk and cream, sitting until combined. Add the optional kafir leaves and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce medium heat, and simmer for 8-10 minutes or unti sauce has thickened enough to coat the chicken..
- Turn heat off and add lime juice, kale, cilantro, fresh Thai basil, stir in and adjust the seasoning with salt, if needed..
- Serve over hot cooked rice and top with lime wedges.